The Christian Education Ministry strives to offer a variety of opportunities for adults to get to know each other, to study God’s Word together, to serve together, and to walk
through life together. Whether in the format of a formal Sunday morning small group Bible Study, an informal Life-to-Life group, a hybrid/online Web-conferencing group, or a Faith for Life seminar all of our adult groups are intended to help believers at every stage to Connect, Grow, Serve, and Go—Make Disciples.
Connect to a group for Adults:
- New Members Orientation – Every Sunday 9:15 -10:15 a.m. North, 10:45-11:45 a.m. Alta Woods, and 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. South, individuals who recently
joined New Jerusalem Church or those interested in learning more about NJC are encouraged to attend the New Members Orientation class.
- Developing Devoted Disciples – The complete D3 curriculum is offered at the North Campus. New members and new believers in particular are encouraged to
complete the core D3 courses: Christianity 101, Spiritual Gifts, and How to Study the Bible. These classes help new believers understand 1) the foundational truths
and doctrines of Christianity, 2) the unique gifts that God has deposited within every Christian, and 3) the three essential steps of effective Bible study—observation, interpretation, and application.
- Mixed Adults – Every Sunday at all campuses, this group of adults (couples, singles, etc.) gathers to study the Gospel Project curriculum.
- Women – Every Sunday at Alta Woods and North a variety of small groups for women of all ages are available. Additionally, the Sisters In Christ Ministry
(SICM) offers classes for women which align with the Maximized Manhood curriculum.
- Men – Every Sunday at Alta Woods and North small groups for men of all ages are available. Additionally, Maximized Manhood classes are also offered regularly during the 9:15-10:15 am hour at North and other alternative times.
- Couples – Married, engaged, or couples who are dating and considering married are strongly encouraged to attend the couples’ classes. Couples may attend together or individually to connect in community with others who are committed to the covenant of marriage.
- Life-to-Life Groups – There are selected groups that are open to anyone interested in joining a non-traditional group. Life-to-Life groups meet twice each month (on various days of the week and at various times). Some groups meet at church, at the group hosts’ homes or at other locations in the Jackson metro area. New groups may also be formed with a host and a co-host who are members in good standing at NJC and who have completed host training. New group hosts need to have the names of at least five group members.
- Hybrid and/or Web-Conferencing Group – Beginning in 2020, selected special topic groups will be offered using resources from RightNow Media and web conferencing tools to connect for Bible study, prayer, and fellowship. Details forthcoming.
- Faith for Life Seminars — Beginning in 2020, a series of special topic seminars will be offered that focus on meeting the needs of the whole man/woman. These seminars will feature trained facilitators who will guide participants through the process of applying their Faith in every aspect of Life. Saturday mornings 10:00 am – 12:00 p.m. (Dates TBA): Vision 2020—Writing a Personal Mission Statement and Establishing Goals for the New Decade.
Dr. Tracy Pickett, Christian Education Director
Dr. Deidre Wheaton, Assistant Christian Education Director